Terumo Cardiovascular Group
- About Consent Decree
- Progress Report
- Customer Support
- Notification Guides
- Compliance Reports
- Fact Sheet
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Status of Terumo CVS Products
- Glossary of Related Terms
- Contact Us
Questions or concerns about the
Terumo CVS' Consent Decree?
(weekdays, 8am-6pm EST)
On March 29, 2011, Terumo Cardiovascular Systems entered into a consent decree with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to address deficiencies in the Quality System at its Ann Arbor plant. Since then, the company has made steady progress fulfilling its commitments to the terms of the decree.
Since mid-summer 2011, Terumo CVS has been focused on designing and building a new Quality System, a large-scale project and the core of its ongoing work.
- Terumo CVS implemented its new Quality System and began the final stages of preparing for a series of audits by its third-party expert. After review and correction of any audit findings, it will achieve certification.
- Terumo CVS reviewed and remediated its records on past compliance-related decisions and activities, such as product complaints, and the company's response to them.
- At professional conferences and in-person meetings, Terumo CVS updated more than 500 of its customers on its progress toward building a new Quality System.
- Terumo CVS notified all customers who signed a Certificate of Medical Necessity of the status of its certification work one year after the decree was entered and at six-month intervals thereafter, as requried by the FDA.